- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

doris!003

doris!003

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

While geocoding in ArcMap 10, 95% of my tied addresses force me to choose a side from either the left or right sides of a street, or from four corners of an intersection, when the sides of the street are irrelevant to my project (although I tend to be a neutral person and hate picking sides!). I've spent 6 HOURS dealing with tied results alone!

The problem is I'm running the address table through the US Streets Dual Range address locator style. I would like to use the One Range address style, but the TIGER line road file only offers fields for the ranges in each street segment's left and right sides. The required fields for the One Range ask for the "From Address" and the "To Address," not the left or right side from- and to-address (L_F_Add, L_T_Add, etc), and there is no consistency between the left or right carrying the minimum and maximum for the street segment (I can't just use on side of the street).

1) How can I adjust the .dbf from the reference shape file so that I have 2 extra columns: one that returns the smallest number in the From left and right addresses, and the other returning the maximum number in the To left and right addresses? (Assuming that the From is the minimum of the street, and To the maximum)
2) Is there a better way to run the geocoding procedure/other address locator styles that would keep me from picking sides of the street? Putting a point in the middle of the road would defiantly suit my fancy!
3) Is there a better way I can be running this geocoding process?
4) Can somebody spare me my sanity by helping me streamline this, because I don't want to spend another 6 hours of my life just clicking the Match button!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

doris!003

doris!003

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

I forgot to mention, I contacted ESRI and received no lead into how to make this function work. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->