• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Ruben JC Furtado

Ruben JC Furtado

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Portugal

Hello. I am a Luso-Canadian geographer/GIS technician living in the Azores, and working for a company called Cybermap, Lda. Decided to join this group in order to advance my knowledge and familiarity with things "in the real world". I was born here, but lived my life in southern Ontario, receiving a Masters degree from Wilfrid Laurier University in the study of urban-economic and histo-cultural themes. On a side, I concentrated on technology development and got into cartography and GIS-related developments during their infancy/puberty. Now, I am a GIS technician, after working for 7 years in marketing, ironically in the place where I was born (give or take: on another of the islands).

Anyhoo. I found the CartoTalk forum, and thought it would be an interesting way of learning new techniques, compare and contrast content, and see where technology is expanding. Just to be clear: although I started off with "ancient" programs such as Atlus MapMaker, MapInfo and IDRISI, I am currently utilizing ArcGIS 10. I am currently on contract for my company at the Centro for Vulcanologia on the island of São Miguel. I hope to make some good friends here and see where things are at.

Sorry: this is just a long-winded way of saying "Hi".

Ruben JC Furtado

ruben jc Furtado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->