2 replies to this topic

Tom Coulson

Tom Coulson

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi,
I'm thinking about creating some interactive historical maps with dynamic features such as fluctuating international boundaries and arrows showing advancing armies. Obviously this sort of thing lends itself to Flash but I'd like to be able to view it on an ipad.

Has anyone used HTML 5 to create interactive maps? Are there any other alternatives to Flash out there that bypasss the Apple v Flash compatability issue?

Many thanks,
Tom

dsl

dsl

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • United States

You can check out Polymaps or Leaflet as ways to create interactive javascript maps. I'm not sure about handling animations, you might need to include something like Protovis.

HTH,
David

Igor Brejc

Igor Brejc

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Slovenia

Hi,
I'm thinking about creating some interactive historical maps with dynamic features such as fluctuating international boundaries and arrows showing advancing armies. Obviously this sort of thing lends itself to Flash but I'd like to be able to view it on an ipad.

Has anyone used HTML 5 to create interactive maps? Are there any other alternatives to Flash out there that bypasss the Apple v Flash compatability issue?

Many thanks,
Tom

Have you seen GISCloud? http://www.giscloud....ping-revolution
Igor Brejc
author of Maperitive, an OSM-based mapmaking software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->