4 replies to this topic

pfyfield

pfyfield

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • United States

...to the script that does this? I had it but no more.

I'm still on using Illustrator CS4, on Windows, if that matters.

I have a layer of hydro labels of various font sizes that all need to be bumped up a bit. Do not want to do it one by one.

Thanks.
Paul Fyfield
Cartographer, Bureau of Land Management
Oregon State Office
Portland, Oregon
pfyfield@blm.gov

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Have you tried Kelso's script?

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

kay

kay

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Canada

If you have MAPublisher installed on your computer, you can use the selection filter to select text labels by font size.

Bring the hydro text layer to a MAPView as a MAP Text layer. Once the layer is defined as a MAP Text layer, there are a lot of hidden layers. One of them is called "#FontSize" (if you open the Edit Schema window, make it "Visible" for the attribute. Then you can create selection filters like say..."#FontSize=5.00" to select all the font in the layer with the font size of 5.00 (pt).

I hope this helps.. :-)
kay

pfyfield

pfyfield

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • United States

Thanks Matt, the Kelso script is the one I was looking for. But thanks to Kay now I don't need it. I have been using MAPublisher selection filters for years and did not know they had this capability. Thanks!

Matt, a personal note...very disturbing news about Mark Bosworth's disappearance from the Cycle Oregon camp...I am hoping we hear some good news today.
Paul Fyfield
Cartographer, Bureau of Land Management
Oregon State Office
Portland, Oregon
pfyfield@blm.gov

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

I'm glad you found the script and a new method using your existing tools. I didn't know MAPublisher had that filter either. Way to go Avenza!

Regarding Mark: I was part of the ground search for a couple of days down in Riddle (a very metaphorical name given this situation), and it didn't turn up anything.

For those who don't know, Mark Bosworth is an amazing man who disappeared on September 16th from a bicycling tour in Southern Oregon. I've worked with him for 15 years and his disappearance is a complete mystery. Everyone involved is completely bewildered. There's now a $10,000 reward for finding him. He may be suffering from a diminished mental capacity related to successfully battling 2-bouts of Non-Hodkins Lymphoma. We are trying to spread his picture around the country with hopes of finding him.

You can check this website for more information.

Attached File  11_3534_mark_bosworth_092111.pdf   149.34KB   42 downloads

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->