• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Victoria Smith

Victoria Smith

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

My name is Victoria Smith. I graduated from Appalachian State University with a B.S. in Geography with a concentration in GIS in May 2011. My experience includes working for Dr. Lineback a professor at Appalachian State University. Geography in the News is a syndicated news column that is published online at Maps101.com and in a local newspaper. I created maps for each news article, over the course of a year. I also interned for during the summer of 2010 at the Army Corp of Engineers, Wilmington, NC, District, Regulatory Division. I produced multiple maps showing the Corps projects, Department of Transportation projects and where the Coastal Area Management Act (CAMA) and Trout counties are located. The maps also showed geographical figures of the area. My most recent internship is at the Cape Fear Council of Governments in the GIS planning department. I have created multiple maps including bike path maps, census maps, and water utilities boundary maps. I am also currently acting as a freelance cartographer with National Geographic Trails Illustrated editing maps for them.

I also have a LinkedIn account where you can see the maps I created for Geography in the news. Here is the link to it: http://www.linkedin....victoriasmith89

I thought I attached my resume but didn't, so here it is.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hi and welcome! Just ask if there is anything you need to know about how things work on this site!
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Victoria Smith

Victoria Smith

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Hi and welcome! Just ask if there is anything you need to know about how things work on this site!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->