4 replies to this topic

GrantH

GrantH

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

Hello everyone, I have been on the hunt for record sales data by location and date if possible based upon either physical record sales or digital sales through iTunes. What I have found is that one can only find personal sales information through iTunes Connect which does me little good as I don't have any items for sale nor do I want to know such information.

I want to do a personal project to keep fresh in database work as well as GIS that can show record sales for a particular artist within the first month or 2 of the album release data. If this information can be found with reference to location I would be very happy.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hello everyone, I have been on the hunt for record sales data by location and date if possible based upon either physical record sales or digital sales through iTunes. What I have found is that one can only find personal sales information through iTunes Connect which does me little good as I don't have any items for sale nor do I want to know such information.

I want to do a personal project to keep fresh in database work as well as GIS that can show record sales for a particular artist within the first month or 2 of the album release data. If this information can be found with reference to location I would be very happy.

Maybe check with the RIAA for physical sales and Apple for iTunes sales?
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

GrantH

GrantH

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

I will see if there is a contact that can be reached through either source though I can only begin to imagine what such powerful companies will want for such information.

mfarmer

mfarmer

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • United States

Doesn't Billboard capture those data?

GrantH

GrantH

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

Doesn't Billboard capture those data?

They may, but aside from emailing the contact links that are able to be found i'm not real sure how to go about getting some form of .txt file or anything of sorts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->