- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

I am looking for a printer that can handle a 72" wide print job (and 108" long). The equipment exists, and is known as "grand format" as opposed to "large format" which is a 60" roll.

Obviously this is for a wall map, and I am trying avoid tiling it. It also needs to be laminated for dry-erase use.

I was hoping to find someone local so I can proof it with out having to ship it to me in New Jersy and then sending it to the client in Chicago.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

MichaelG

MichaelG

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United States

I am looking for a printer that can handle a 72" wide print job (and 108" long).  The equipment exists, and is known as "grand format" as opposed to "large format" which is a 60" roll.

Obviously this is for a wall map, and I am trying avoid tiling it.  It also needs to be laminated for dry-erase use.

I was hoping to find someone local so I can proof it with out having to ship it to me in New Jersy and then sending it to the client in Chicago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nick.

You might try looking for a print shop that specializes in billboard printing or vehicle wraps. Those are two big uses for grand format, so a shop that offers those services would be likely to have such equipment. Please let us know what you find. I'm curious.

--Michael
Michael Grossman
ESRI

mgoodearl

mgoodearl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Hi Nick,

I know this is an old request but in case you encounter this need again, there is a print shop in New Jersey with the capabilities you need, they are Wyld Grand Format and their website is http://www.wyldgfi.com/ (I don't work for them and am only offering this as a suggestion since I am aware of their capabilities).

Good luck!

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->