• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sidra

sidra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Australia

Hi There,
I have been looking for a tool that could plot the points using eastings and northings from the attributes in the table of an already exisiting shapefile. These points have been moved from their actual positions so I need to replot them using the xy coordinates in the attribute table. I know that "Add XY data" or something like that extension, but I am looking for a tool that i can use in my model. Hope someone could help out.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hi,

Using Python you could manually read the attributes and create a new shape file, or you could use the AddXY_management tool, right?
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Craig Jr

Craig Jr

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • United States

Hi There,
I have been looking for a tool that could plot the points using eastings and northings from the attributes in the table of an already exisiting shapefile. These points have been moved from their actual positions so I need to replot them using the xy coordinates in the attribute table. I know that "Add XY data" or something like that extension, but I am looking for a tool that i can use in my model. Hope someone could help out.

If using 10 the python script below works. Right click on the shape field and calculate values, select python and use the following code:

def pointMove(shape, lat, long):
point = shape.getPart(0)
point.X = long
point.Y = lat
return point

__esri_field_calculator_splitter__
pointMove(!SHAPE!, !Lat!, !Long!)

This will move all points back to their original x, y coordinates or move only the selected rows, whichever you want.

sidra

sidra

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Australia

Thanks a lot for the help ...will try the script :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->