- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Megan

Megan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Has anyone used MapInfo for drawing maps. I have used it to add information to maps using the data that you have to buy from them, but the data isn't always accurate, and I am tired of redrawing maps in illustrator. Most of the work I do is with Investment Banks creating oil and natural gas pipelines. Any help would be appreciated.

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Has anyone used MapInfo for drawing maps. I have used it to add information to maps using the data that you have to buy from them, but the data isn't always accurate, and I am tired of redrawing maps in illustrator. Most of the work I do is with Investment Banks creating oil and natural gas pipelines. Any help would be appreciated.

I found MapInfo easier to manipulate data (crop, erase, buffers, ...). Other than that, I like to stay away from it.

Craig Jr

Craig Jr

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • United States

What exactly are you trying to draw in MapInfo? Are you looking to edit the map files (.tab)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->