3 replies to this topic

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Canada

At the risk of blowing my cover, I just like to do a little bit of self-promotion. My spouse and I have written and assembled a book on mapping for kids (not just Canadian kids) called Maps and Mapping for Canadian kids. Available at Chapters.ca and Amazon.ca. Coming out in October.

Jacques Gélinas

Jacques Gélinas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Canada

'Rudy' or should we use Paul :)

Very interesting.
For all 'French' speaking adepts of Cartotalk note that there is also a French version of this book.

My children might be out of the recommended age range, but not me :)

Can this book be used in schools? Is Chapters and amazon your only distribution channels?

Looking forward to purchasing it.

Regards

Jacques Gélinas
cartographer
www.cartesgeo.ca

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Canada

Yes, I should have noted that a French version is available as well. It is actually a trade publication, not an educational publication but it could be used in schools. I daresay that you could order directly from Scholastic Canada.

It was a fun thing to do. I did do some of the maps and photos - but not all - and had input on the content. My wife did all of the writing.

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Canada

Kudos, Paul. I see from your bio that you (like me) started making maps as a kid. Kids need to have books like this. For me, it was Susan Marsh's All About Maps and Mapmaking. Hope your book nurtures a whole new generation of cartos!

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->