- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SuperGeo

SuperGeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Taiwan

The ArcGIS Toolbox we provide is called SuperGIS DataManager, a free data management tool. We provide 30 day free trials for all the software on the website. Welcome to http://www.supergeotek.com/index.aspx to see more. Thank you!

Hi Sarah,

are you sure that Datamanager provides similar to arctoolbox functions? I've just downloaded trial of Datamanager and it seems to me more similar to Arccatalog than to arctoolbox...

Hi Pavel_Y,

Yes it should be ArcCatalog... sorry for the mistake.

Pavel_Y

Pavel_Y

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ukraine

Hi Pavel_Y,

Yes it should be ArcCatalog... sorry for the mistake.

no problem, but does Supergeo has similar toolbox? I've actually installed trial desktop version but only found few tools similar to those in acrview 3.2 probably...

SuperGeo

SuperGeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Taiwan

Yes you can find something similar, but it’s not a toolbox yet. Once you download other extensions (like Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Network Analyst, etc.), you will find more advanced tools by right clicking on the top space of SuperGIS Desktop 3 interface. Should be quite equivalent to ArcView 9.x.

I can provide more information directly for you via email too. My email is sarahliu@supergeo.com.tw. Thank you!

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Canada

So is SuperGIS just meant to be a less expensive version of ArcGIS, with all the same features and capabilities?

SuperGeo

SuperGeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Taiwan

So is SuperGIS just meant to be a less expensive version of ArcGIS, with all the same features and capabilities?

Hi Rudy,

SuperGIS is positioned as an alternative solution of ArcGIS, with very similar features and capabilities while the price is less than 50% of that of ArcGIS. If you install the free trial of SuperGIS Desktop or SuperPad, you may be surprised by the similar interface and equivalent functionality.

But, we are not just doing the similar products. SuperGIS provides a more flexible product choice. For example, SuperGIS Mobile Engine is a mobile GIS SDK which can be purchased alone while ArcGIS Mobile needs to be purchased with ArcGIS Server.

In addition, we have many unique products for more GIS users. For example, Facility Management System, Biodiversity Analyst, and SuperGIS Mobile Tour are designed for specific domain users. Also, we are developing several mobile solutions for Android OS hardware now. Mobile Cadastral GIS for Android, SuperSurv (a lightweight mobile GIS for Android), and SuperGIS Mobile Tour for Android expect to be on market soon.

Sorry I am being talkative again. The point is that we are not just trying to provide something very similar to ArcGIS, but also working on innovation to enlarge the GIS community. In the economic downturn time, cost will be a key to many companies and government sectors. Our existence will bring a lot more flexibility and cost-effective solutions for more users.  :)

Melita Kennedy

Melita Kennedy

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • United States

But, we are not just doing the similar products. SuperGIS provides a more flexible product choice. For example, SuperGIS Mobile Engine is a mobile GIS SDK which can be purchased alone while ArcGIS Mobile needs to be purchased with ArcGIS Server.

Sorry, I can't let this statement go by. No, of course, you don't have to buy ArcGIS Mobile with ArcGIS Server.

Some information here

standard disclaimer: Yes, I work for Esri. No, I don't know the full licensing/product line details. Please see the website, and of course, my views may not reflect that of my employer.

Melita

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Canada

In the economic downturn time, cost will be a key to many companies and government sectors. Our existence will bring a lot more flexibility and cost-effective solutions for more users.  :)

So how easy would it be for those organizations who have integrated ArcGIS into their day to day operations to move everything over to SuperGIS? There is, of course, the sunk cost that many larger organizations have already have that m ay prevent them from moving to SuperGIS or any other GIS system, regardless of the licencing costs and functionality.

SuperGeo

SuperGeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Taiwan

Hi Melita,

Thanks for your information. Checking from the web page and other discussion about the licensing of ArcGIS Mobile, I found that it is more like a feature of ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Desktop now, not exactly a product with clear pricing. Maybe my understanding is not 100% correct since I just checked on ESRI website and other forums/websites. :)

Compared to ArcGIS Mobile, SuperGIS Mobile Engine is a mobile GIS SDK to develop or embed mobile GIS applications to mobile/handheld devices. Its licensing is independent and the applications developed by SuperGIS Mobile Engine also support the integration with SuperGIS Server to form a streamlined GIS workflow.

See more information about SuperGIS mobile solutions at http://www.supergeot..._MobileGIS.aspx.

Sarah

Edited by SuperGeo, 19 August 2011 - 12:56 AM.

SuperGeo

SuperGeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Taiwan

In the economic downturn time, cost will be a key to many companies and government sectors. Our existence will bring a lot more flexibility and cost-effective solutions for more users.  :)

So how easy would it be for those organizations who have integrated ArcGIS into their day to day operations to move everything over to SuperGIS? There is, of course, the sunk cost that many larger organizations have already have that m ay prevent them from moving to SuperGIS or any other GIS system, regardless of the licencing costs and functionality.

Hi Ruby,

Thank you for this question. I believe that it is also the same concern for many existing ArcGIS users. The following are some examples of our solutions for ArcGIS users:

As far as the data format is concerned, SuperGIS software can directly import, read, edit, and save Shape files. We also have a free tool, SuperGIS DataConvertor, which is used to convert files from many common file formats (like DXF, KML, MIF…) to our own GEO file format.

Speaking of geodatabase, SuperGIS Geodatabase Client supports MDB, Oracle, and MS SQL Server directly. Users can also use SuperGIS Desktop to connect with ArcSDE and read the data in it. Since ArcSDE is exclusive, our solution now is to utilize SQL or Oracle GDB native format to edit and save the data in ArcSDE.

For the newly launched SuperGIS Server, we have a free tool, SuperGIS Server Client for ArcMap, so that ArcGIS Desktop users can also access the map services published by SuperGIS Server.

We also support OGC standards (WMS, WFS, WCS). By the support for more open data formats, we can provide another solution since the other GIS brand has a close and exclusive database.

For those organizations who have already integrated ArcSDE into their daily operations, we need more efforts to establish confidence, brand image, and smooth conversion for them to move to SuperGIS in a convenient way. We are trying from other commonly used formats and GDB for the solution.

In Taiwan, many local government sectors have selected SuperGIS software in new projects. Of course, costs, functionality, service and support are the main advantages of SuperGIS. We are also trying to provide a solution where users will have no difficulty in connecting and using the data from central government sectors which already use ArcGIS software.

Sarah

Edited by SuperGeo, 19 August 2011 - 12:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->