• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lou

Lou

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:maps, fly-fishing, art, graphic design, all things design really...hiking, camping, photography, travel, wine, cooking, all things food really, coffee, and did I mention wine?
  • United States

Because NACIS 2011 falls during the same week as UW Homecoming, the primary conference hotel is sold out. So we're working to provide alternative hotel options for NACIS 2011 in Madison, WI. There has been some interest in room sharing. If you are looking for a room, or have a room reserved and are looking to offset cost and don't mind sharing, please post here. If you're local to Madison and can host a person or two, feel free to post here as well. We will be directing twitter followers (#greatnacisbunkup) and web visitors inquiring about rooming options here. Thanks, Lou

Neil Allen

Neil Allen

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • United States

We have an extra room reserved at The Concourse. If anyone would like to speak for it we would rather have it go to someone at the conference. Please let me know as soon as you can so that I can transfer the reservation to you. Otherwise I will be cancelling the reservation at the end of the month.

Kevin McManigal

Kevin McManigal

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, kayaking, backpacking, biking, traveling, sking, mountaineering, guitar playing, laughing, and of course, map makking! (and all the other "ing's")
  • United States

Cartographer seeking carto minded roommate. Prefer nice hypsometric tint, san serif, well cased. Looking for beautiful relief, pleasing figure & ground, and well defined purpose to enjoy quiet evenings recovering from the conference doldrums. Please no Freehand users.

I have the room, with a spare bed, far away from the hospitality suite. Let me know if you’d like to share costs.

Kevin
Kevin McManigal
Orange Peel Cartographic
MapPractical

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Canada

Please no Freehand users.

Hilarious! I guess we FreeHand users are all too old...no "pleasing figure"! ;)

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Please no Freehand users.

Hilarious! I guess we FreeHand users are all too old...no "pleasing figure"! ;)

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

So no room and we don't get work too. Then what to do, probably retire. B)

Anu
http://www.mapsandlocations.com

bluewater

bluewater

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Canada

We have an extra room reserved at The Concourse. If anyone would like to speak for it we would rather have it go to someone at the conference. Please let me know as soon as you can so that I can transfer the reservation to you. Otherwise I will be cancelling the reservation at the end of the month.

Hello Neil,

I am a cartographer with the Yukon Government in Canada.
I will be attending the conference in Madison and was wondering if your extra room is still available.

Best regards, Richard Vladars

Edited by bluewater, 30 August 2011 - 04:34 PM.

rushgeo

rushgeo

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Hello,

I'm a grad student at Ohio State. I'm in need of a place to stay for the conference - roommate in a hotel, comfy couches, whatever people happen to have.

Thanks!
Johnathan

Kevin McManigal

Kevin McManigal

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, kayaking, backpacking, biking, traveling, sking, mountaineering, guitar playing, laughing, and of course, map makking! (and all the other "ing's")
  • United States

Hello,

I'm a grad student at Ohio State. I'm in need of a place to stay for the conference - roommate in a hotel, comfy couches, whatever people happen to have.

Thanks!
Johnathan

Johnathan,

I've got the room with one spare bed, but I already have one, maybe two students from The University of Montana with reservations. I'm sure there is a couch, or you could bring a camping mat, but you guys can figure out the sleeping arangements. One bed is mine, all mine. It would be cool if you could pitch in, but I'm not looking to make a profit off students. With three of you, maybe $15 a night? I have the room Tuesday to Friday.

Let me know, Kevin
Kevin McManigal
Orange Peel Cartographic
MapPractical

rushgeo

rushgeo

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Johnathan,

I've got the room with one spare bed, but I already have one, maybe two students from The University of Montana with reservations. I'm sure there is a couch, or you could bring a camping mat, but you guys can figure out the sleeping arangements. One bed is mine, all mine. It would be cool if you could pitch in, but I'm not looking to make a profit off students. With three of you, maybe $15 a night? I have the room Tuesday to Friday.

Let me know, Kevin

As long as it's okay with the other students, I'd be happy to throw down a sleeping bag or somesuch. Thanks! I'll PM you my contact info.

Correction: I can't use the PM feature (probably because I'm a new user). I think I tracked down your email at opcarto, so I've tried contacting you via that. Thanks!

Edited by rushgeo, 01 September 2011 - 10:56 AM.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Correction: I can't use the PM feature (probably because I'm a new user). I think I tracked down your email at opcarto, so I've tried contacting you via that. Thanks!

I've validated your membership, so you can send PM's now as well.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

margaret

margaret

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • United States

If there are any women esp students interested to share with another female student please respond to me with PM
thanx
Margaret

Descartes

Descartes

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

If there are any women esp students interested to share with another female student please respond to me with PM
thanx
Margaret

Hi Margaret,

I may be attending the conference and would love to share a room. I'll PM you the details once I have permission from the mods.

Thanks!

Descartes

Descartes

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hey folks,

This is somewhat of a longshot, but does anyone have room for an appreciative Canadian grad student on the Friday night? I'll be staying at the conference hotel until Thursday but no rooms were available for the next day. My best flight options are on Saturday, so I'm really hoping to be able to stay one extra night.

I can bring a sleeping bag and am willing to split costs!

jsommerfeld

jsommerfeld

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

This post is also under a separate topic of a similar name.

Available for anyone looking for a room with two queen beds near the 2011 NACIS conference hotel. Room reservation is at the Inn on the Park across from the Capitol building and a two or three block distance from the conference hotel. Reservation is from Tuesday October 11th checking out Sunday October 16th. I am sure the dates can be modified according to your conference plans. Room rates are Tuesday - Thursday - $129.00 per night, Tuesday – Thursday and then increases to $194.00 per night Friday and Saturday. I believe room tax is 14.50%. These are the rates as listed on the NACIS conference website. The room will accomodate up to four people. Reservation is currently in my name. If interested please reply to this post or you can contact me, Jerry Sommerfeld, at jjsommerfeld@cox.net and I will assist in the reservation transfer to you.

PLEASE NOTE:

I received no replys to my offer to transfer my reservation at the Inn on the Park for next week's NACIS conference. Therefore, I have canceled the reservation as of October 6th.

Edited by jsommerfeld, 06 October 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Kevin McManigal

Kevin McManigal

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • United States

Hey folks,

This is somewhat of a longshot, but does anyone have room for an appreciative Canadian grad student on the Friday night? I'll be staying at the conference hotel until Thursday but no rooms were available for the next day. My best flight options are on Saturday, so I'm really hoping to be able to stay one extra night.

I can bring a sleeping bag and am willing to split costs!

Hey Descartes, not sure if you found something, but we may be able to sqeeze one more in just for Friday. There are already four students, but the more the merrier! PM me and I can forward the cell.

Kevin
Kevin McManigal
Orange Peel Cartographic
MapPractical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->