No replies to this topic

cmdrico7812

cmdrico7812

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • United States

I need some help with ArcGIS Explorer (I just recently switched jobs to one that doesn't involve heavy GIS so I only have Explorer to work with).

I have about 150 layers I've added from a geodatabase into Explorer on top of the simple Bing Roads Base Map. I've grouped the layers into 5 categories based on their type. After I load them the very first time, everything renders like it should, but after I've saved, or opened and closed Explorer and few times, the layers start to act weird. Some groups only show half the layers or so that are in the group even they are all turned on. Some layers will render only part of the layer, others not at all. Some times all the layers in a group will render when I'm zoomed out quite a ways, but as soon as I zoom in, most of them stop rendering. There are no Display Ranges set for anything so that's not the problem. I can't figure out what's going on. I thought it was a cache memory issue, but you can't set a cache size in Explorer.

Anyone have any advice or even just a place to start troubleshooting? Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->