• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mou5e

mou5e

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hello everyone - long time lurker, first-time poster :-)

Not sure if anyone will be able to offer me any advice on the following but felt it was worth a punt:

I have a set of property deeds from the 16th century. Nothing very exciting about that in itself, they're relatively common. The deeds in question, however, come with a map of the area (Brough, Westmoreland) that looks, to my amateur eye, like a very accomplished bit of cartography.

Have any of the Cartotalk users any experience in having such things appraised? It's more for insurance than me wanting to flog it!

Thanks for reading,

Mou5e
Professional web designer, amateur cartographer aficionado.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Mou5e, and welcome to Cartotalk.

In terms of appraising your old maps, you could go to one or two local businesses dealing in old (and I do mean old, not merely 2nd hand) books and prints.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

mou5e

mou5e

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hi Mou5e, and welcome to Cartotalk.

In terms of appraising your old maps, you could go to one or two local businesses dealing in old (and I do mean old, not merely 2nd hand) books and prints.

Thanks for your message, Hans - I've found a promising place in London as a first port of call. Intending to go and speak with them this coming weekend. I'm rather excited about the whole thing!
Professional web designer, amateur cartographer aficionado.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->