1 reply to this topic

missy

missy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Malaysia

hi, i really need a solution for this :-
:D :D :D :D
i have a cad data. i export the data to shapefile using autodesk map 2004. when i convert all the layer, i notice that my name layer is in point data, although i have choose as text. so the real problem is, i want the attribut name for the point data to be include in road data attribute. so, is that possible i join/intersect the name and road layer which follow the
right name for each road. i have tried to join and so on. but the id for road data and name data is not same. so the name appears for each road is wrong. or i have to enter it manually? i do read about anootation . but i'm not really understand it. if you guys have any suggestion and solution for these.do help me. i'm really appreciate it...thank you!

GIS Talent

GIS Talent

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:GIS, Maps, Outdoors
  • United States

hi, i really need a solution for this :-
:D :D :D :D
i have a cad data. i export the data to shapefile using autodesk map 2004. when i convert all the layer, i notice that my name layer is in point data, although i have choose as text. so the real problem is, i want the attribut name for the point data to be include in road data attribute. so, is that possible i join/intersect the name and road layer which follow the
right name for each road. i have tried to join and so on. but the id for road data and name data is not same. so the name appears for each road is wrong. or i have to enter it manually? i do read about anootation . but i'm not really understand it. if you guys have any suggestion and solution for these.do help me. i'm really appreciate it...thank you!

Maybe a spatial join would join the data correctly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->