- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

David Butterfield

David Butterfield

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Please can someone point me to some programmes or algorthms for converting from UK National Grid to Northern Ireland Grid?

I am doing some pollution mapping and I have 14000 1km x 1km emissions squares covering Northern Ireland, which are referenced in UK National Grid, but I need to output the results to be displayed on maps of Northern Ireland. The NI maps I have are all in Irish Grid coordinates.

The range of UK Grid coordinates I have is:

X 0 to 177000
Y 467000 to 603000

Thank you

Darren Cope

Darren Cope

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Canada

Please can someone point me to some programmes or algorthms for converting from UK National Grid to Northern Ireland Grid?

I am doing some pollution mapping and I have 14000 1km x 1km emissions squares covering Northern Ireland, which are referenced in UK National Grid, but I need to output the results to be displayed on maps of Northern Ireland. The NI maps I have are all in Irish Grid coordinates.

X 0 to 177000
Y 467000 to 603000

Thank you

Try gdal/org. It's free, and fantastic. If you're on windows, the easiest way to install is via FWTools.

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

I Wonder if just changing the projection system will give the 100% resultant to you. Hope you can just share your data so that i can see if we can help you..

If interested pls let me know..

Thanks
Kalai Selvan

X 0 to 177000
Y 467000 to 603000

Thank you

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->