5 replies to this topic

Justin

Justin

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • United States

Is anyone from Cartotalk going this year?
I will be attending. Any ideas on activities?

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • United States

I'll be there on Wednesday only, in the Map Gallery.

One activity that might be of interest to cartotalkers is the cartography special interest group meeting. It's usually been around lunchtime on Thursday.
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

M.Denil

M.Denil

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • United States

One activity that might be of interest to cartotalkers is the cartography special interest group meeting. It's usually been around lunchtime on Thursday.

The CartoSIG meeting is indeed of interest. It is on Thursday, at 11.45 in room 28A.

This will be the 10th anniversary meeting, and over the years we have not only been able to build contacts between map makers at the conference, but, as well, to exercise a communal voice in addressing cartographic concerns to Esri. A lot of the new cartographic features we have been seeing included in the software have had roots in the discussions and debates that take place in the CartoSIG meetings.

We have tried various formats for the meetings, but the heart of the thing remains that open and freewheeling discussion amongst people who take making maps with these tools seriously.

The CartoSIG also presents awards for the best maps in the Map Gallery. Esri presents awards too, but ours are completely our own: a team of volunteer judges selects three outstanding maps for unranked recognition. We announce our awards at the Thursday meeting, and, starting last year, Esri also reports our awardees at the Friday closing session.

So the CartoSIG is one place you will want to be at the UC, if you are interested in maps and map making.

Did I mention that I am the user lead for the CartoSIG?

Mark Denil

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Canada

I'll be there Tuesday to Friday.

Melita Kennedy

Melita Kennedy

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • United States

I'm at the Survey Summit / ACSM meeting Friday through Sunday, then Tuesday/Wednesday at UC. If anyone wants to talk map projections, look me up! I'll be at the geodatabase island Tuesday 1-3 and Wednesday 9-12.

Melita

David25

David25

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Canada

Yep, I'll be there! Monday through to Friday. First time! Looking forward to it, especially any cartography workshops. Also looking forward to seeing abit of the city :)

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->