Topographic Mapping
    History of Relief Depiction
    Thematic Cartography
    Demographic Cartography
    Cartographic techniques, methods, and tools
    Orienteering
    Panoramic & Kite Photography
  • United States

Most of these glaciers as I mentioned are quite small and lie in pockets of shade at the base of steep cirques. The greenish tinge is from the tinted shaded relief below and should read as turquoise. I've used this effect to good result on larger glaciers previously, it may not work here. The glacier contours and the dashed boundary will get printed as 50% cyan, the water/hydro layers and text labels are getting printed as a 5th color of spot blue. So they will look quuite different in their outline at least.

Worflow wise the map gets assembled in manifold. All raster elements get exported as 300dpi Tiff files from Manifold, they are then touched up, merged and composited in PS. A final tiff background is created and placed in Illustrator using the same layout boundary that was used in Manifold so it ligns up perfectly with then expoted vectors. Arcmap is used to generate contour labels and to do some clipping of contours to the glacier polygons.

I am familiar with Jeff Nighberg's AMLs but they are not used in this map at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->