- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Vestry

Vestry

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • No Country Selected

I'm trying to set something up so that the "last_modified" field in my layer automatically runs a VB or Python now( ) script to re-populate it whenever I edit a record or the shape of a feature. Is this possible?

dsl

dsl

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • United States

You could create a .NET tool that listens for editing events and checks to see if your layer was edited then update it. Or you create a tool that supervises the editing then populates the field with last edit date.

Hope that helps,
David

jblairpdx

jblairpdx

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States

I'm trying to set something up so that the "last_modified" field in my layer automatically runs a VB or Python now( ) script to re-populate it whenever I edit a record or the shape of a feature. Is this possible?

Yeah, automatic triggered events are mostly going to be the purview of some programming, generally through extensions (program or feature class) or add-ons. This seems to be the simplest choice I've found:

http://resources.arc...19-900513FD1FB7

There has been confirmation from Esri engineering staff on the forums (though nothing official) that SDE in 10.1 will have a built-in change tracker for feature classes. But if you need it beyond SDE and can't wait, the extension above or something similar will be your best bet.

-Jacob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->