5 replies to this topic

Evan Miller

Evan Miller

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Greetings,

I recently released Magic Maps 1.1, a low-price mapping program for Mac with GIS features. You can read about it here:

http://deepmagicsoft....com/MagicMaps/

Of particular interest to cartographers will be the instant preview of map projections and the new multi-touch controls for manipulating projection parameters.

With the new version 1.1, I have tried to address the concerns of reviewers of Magic Maps 1.0. I think I have a great product and encourage you to learn more about it.

Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

Welcome, Evan!

I saw a preview of this product a few months ago and was quite impressed. The website speaks for itself, but I would say the primary market is not cartographers compiling new reference maps, but rather our colleagues in the social sciences who want to put together good-looking thematic or statistical maps but find the learning curve of ArcGIS or Google Maps daunting.
Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

Evan Miller

Evan Miller

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the welcome and clarification. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anyone has any questions about the product.

Evan

Gretchen Peterson

Gretchen Peterson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United States

Pretty neat product. Thanks for letting us know about it!

atalvish

atalvish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • India

oh.. this looks really cool.. have you developed this.. I might buy it someday.. it seems to be fun..

Thebrian13

Thebrian13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

oh.. this looks really cool.. have you developed this.. I might buy it someday.. it seems to be fun..

Yes I agree this is a very nice app for the mac I wonder if I have to update to lion or should I not update. I want it to work properly and i wont upgrade to the new OS if that is a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->