2 replies to this topic

snowgage

snowgage

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • United States

Hello.. I am working on a map that will display climate model output for an area of NW Montana.

I've built an interface to import all the data into a Google mashup.

I'd like people to test out the interface and see if things are intuitive and make sense. I'd also like to collect any general comments about usability and if you find the application interesting.

I thought about posting this into the interactive maps section of the site but that forum seems like its not being used.

I appreciate people taking a look.

http://gagecartograp...apper_1_31.html

-josh

Paul H

Paul H

Paul from JIMAPCO

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States

Loads OK in FF and Chrome. I couldn't get it to load in IE (what else is new!)
I like it, one suggestion is maybe add a transparency slider or make the overlays a bit more transparent so you can read map text.

Nice job!

Esther Mandeno

Esther Mandeno

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • United States

It opened fine in Internext Explorer for me. The only thing is that it opened it up small and when I re-sized the window to fill my screen, the map didn't resize - it stayed small. I agree that more transparency would be nice, but also it was hard to discern the differences between the years. Maybe use a color scheme that highlights areas or thresholds that change the most?
------
Esther Mandeno
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->