- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

badreldin

badreldin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Egypt

i try to make a scatter plot in Arcmap,but i can't separate points labels above points mark.i have got amulti labels in the same place so i want to separate it to be readable.
this is a sample of points and the graph i want within Arcmap.

Point X Y
A 2 5
B 3 4
C 7 5
D 4 6
E 9 8
F 9 1
G 2 5
H 3 4
I 4 6
J 5 5
K 2 5

the graph shape in arcmap with labels problems
Posted Image
or
http://i53.tinypic.com/29pc4r8.jpg
thanks alot

Esther Mandeno

Esther Mandeno

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • United States

That's a good question. I don't use scatter plots or graphs much in ArcMap. I find it easier just to export the data out to Excel or some other program. However, you can label by hand if there's not too many.

Sorry, my two cents worth probably isn't worth that...
------
Esther Mandeno
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

badreldin

badreldin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Egypt

thanks for your reply,
but it has alot of points and many graphs i will do.

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

From a theoretical perspective you could use the "Disperse Markers" tool in ArcToolbox, but I'm not certain how this could be done with a scatterplot. Although, since all the points have an x,y I suppose you could "map" them in ArcMap, turn them into representations and apply the tool!?!

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Gretchen Peterson

Gretchen Peterson

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • United States

From a theoretical perspective you could use the "Disperse Markers" tool in ArcToolbox, but I'm not certain how this could be done with a scatterplot. Although, since all the points have an x,y I suppose you could "map" them in ArcMap, turn them into representations and apply the tool!?!

I'm not totally sure if this is what you are getting at but I've done something like this. I had xy data values and I "mapped" them in ArcMAP so that I could vary the symbol size by a third variable. Then I went into layout view and drew axis lines.
If you are interested, here's my blog entry on the topic, with screenshot of the finished product. I would assume you could label the x/y plotted points with auto-labels and then use disperse markers with this method too.

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

I'm not totally sure if this is what you are getting at but I've done something like this. I had xy data values and I "mapped" them in ArcMAP so that I could vary the symbol size by a third variable. Then I went into layout view and drew axis lines.
If you are interested, here's my blog entry on the topic, with screenshot of the finished product. I would assume you could label the x/y plotted points with auto-labels and then use disperse markers with this method too.

That's the solution! Here is a post I made about the Disperse Markers tool a bit ago.

This should give Badreldin a great result.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->