• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

moltke

moltke

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Well, I feel pretty inadequate here from reading some of the other introductions. I work for Indiana University, currently in an IT/Statistics type field. I have a 2 year degree in Computer Information Systems (Specialty Analyst). I'm here for a variety of reasons. Like a lot of folks, I'm contemplating the future and its options. I'm a history buff who has always had a soft spot for maps and cartography, so I have personal as well as professional interest in projecting myself into the GIS field although I'm still evaluating just what my best route should be toward achieving that. Thus, I register at CartoTalk to satisfy my curiosity and interest in the map/carto discussions and viewing and hopefully satisfy some questions and concerns I have about the field in an employment settings as well. Hope to spend some good time here from now on.

Thanks,

~Lane/Moltke

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • United States

Welcome! History and cartography can go hand in hand and are both interesting subjects. I know we have several people here who have made some cool maps of historical subjects.
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->