• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

egwess

egwess

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Hi,
We recently updated our computers to Windows 7 and now our Trimble won't connect. The computer gives me a Code 43 error: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.

The only way I can get the Trimble to be recognized is to disconnect it from the computer and perform a Soft Reset. After that, everything connects and works fine, until the next time I unplug the device.

Any advice on why this is suddenly happening or how i can fix it?

Specifics:
Windows 7 Professional
Trimble GeoExplorer 2008 Series, GeoXH
Terrasync 4.15
GPS Pathfinder Office 4.10

Thanks,
LIZZY
Archaeology Tech Intern
Joshua Tree National Park

egwess

egwess

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Hi, We recently updated our computer os to windows 7 professional and updated our trimble software in turn.. since then, the GPS Receiver on the trimble disconnects anytime I put the screen to sleep.
The only way to reconnect the receiver is to go through Terrasync > Setup > Options > Reconnect to GPS Receiver. That temporarily fixes the problem, until the next time I put the screen to sleep.

I reset the factory settings, changed the COM port for the receiver, but nothing has proved a long term fix. Also, the receiver disconnects whether I'm using Terrasync or Arcpad.

Any thoughts on what's causing the disconnect problem or how to fix it?

Specifics:
Windows 7 Professional
Trimble GeoExplorer 2008 Series, Geo XH
Terrasync 4.15
GPS Pathfinder Office 4.10
Arcpad 10 (service pack 1)

Thanks,
LIZZY
Archaeology Tech Intern
Joshua Tree National Park

dsl

dsl

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • United States

You might check the http://www.trimble.com/tkn/ with this problem, or Trimble support?

Otherwise have you tried updating the trimble drivers to something compatible with windows 7?

HTH,
David

Stimper

Stimper

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

I am using a full Windows 7 OS on a Trimble unit and want to know the best way to pull and push data between a destop and the Trimble unit. What is the best way to pull and push data between a desktop and the unit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->