3 replies to this topic

EOSGIS

EOSGIS

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Cartography.
    Mathematical cartography. Topgraphica Cartograpy. Thrre dimensional (3D) Cartography. Infography.
    More than 12 years experience with important publishers projects.
  • Spain

Hello again,
Today I've searched a map done 5 years ago of the Galapagos Islands for the GEO magazine.
The original size is small, just about 12 cm wide.It was made using SRTM data and Landsat data that was merged in photoshop with some hipsometric tints. The data was vertically exagerated too, as these islands are not very high.
Since an archipielago as this one has a lot of extension along the ocean, I added some vanishing lines to make islands stay in a plane, and so they dont float over the blue sea. There are other methods to make islands stay in a plane (textures, reflections) bus, as the map was going to be published in 12 cm, nay texture will make "noise", so I decided to use this trick
I hope you like it.
Best regards
Fernando

Attached Files

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • United States

The full size image is not showing up for me, but the thumbnail looks very cool.
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

EOSGIS

EOSGIS

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Cartography.
    Mathematical cartography. Topgraphica Cartograpy. Thrre dimensional (3D) Cartography. Infography.
    More than 12 years experience with important publishers projects.
  • Spain

Thank you. I've checked and for me it downloads correctly. I'll check again, because I suspect I've uploaded a CMYK version.... :(
I upload the RGB version now... escuse me for the "bug"

The full size image is not showing up for me, but the thumbnail looks very cool.

Attached Files

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • United States

That works. Thanks!

Excellent work as always! It's cool to see these islands with their volcanoes and all like this. Usually I've only seen flat maps of the islands with no terrain.
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->