David25

David25

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Canada

Hi all,

About 18months ago I found a website (I believe it was SRTM (?)) where North America showed up in shaded relief and I could define a rectangle around an area I wanted to download. The DEM data was 90m.

I cannot find this anymore! Does anyone know if that site still exists?

I didn't have to do mutiple downloads, it was literally one download (the extent I had at the time was all of North Dakota). I'd like to download another statewide DEM.

Thanks to all who can help.

David

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I've managed to find a similar site from the USGS, however I don't think this is the one.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

David25

David25

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Canada

I've managed to find a similar site from the USGS, however I don't think this is the one.

Hi,

Thanks, I saw that too. It's similar, but it's multiple downloads. It's close! But the other one was far better in my opinion. I doubt it's up anymore by the looks of it.

SaultDon

SaultDon

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Environmental/Wildlife GIS, Aboriginal Land Use and Occupancy
  • Canada

it's not the one from CGIAR?

on the left is the download link: SRTM Data Search and Download but it looks like some of the northern hemisphere is lost? or just not shown on the map?

Michael Schmeling

Michael Schmeling

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Germany

it's not the one from CGIAR?

on the left is the download link: SRTM Data Search and Download but it looks like some of the northern hemisphere is lost? or just not shown on the map?

The 90m DEM extends only to 60 degrees north.
Michael Schmeling
Kassel, Germany
Arid Ocean Map Illustrations
http://maps.aridocean.com
Indie Cartographer
http://www.indiecartographer.com

David25

David25

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Canada

That's exactly the one!!! Thanks so much!

So it is STRM 90m but just didn't come up in any of google searches. I'll bookmark it now.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->