MrEmMak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Looks like this
Posted Image

Should look like this
Posted Image

The bottom portion was created in Excel, then copied and pasted into arcmap. You'll notice the border on the right side of the page is not printing. On other pages that I didn't show here, the green cells in excel will print with no color. Basically, when I export map, it's not including some of the excel data and it seems to randomly pick and choose the things it does and doesn't want to print.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Bob in Green Bay

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

I want to go off topic for a second & I understand that most Americans do not know this but before posting the Federal Highway System Symbol you will need to know that you should colour it according to your standards & that means that the background of Highway 8 should be black & not white. Otherwise you are indicating that Highway 8 is Nova Scotia Trunk Highway 8. :o As far as the image did you do a preview of it before exporting it. And did you check your page margins?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

The bottom portion was created in Excel, then copied and pasted into arcmap. You'll notice the border on the right side of the page is not printing. On other pages that I didn't show here, the green cells in excel will print with no color. Basically, when I export map, it's not including some of the excel data and it seems to randomly pick and choose the things it does and doesn't want to print.

Hi Bob,
Welcome to the forum. When you pasted the excel data in Arcmap did you use Edit Menu> Paste Special>Picture? Using this method will copy and paste any clipboard content into Arcmap as an image. This should take care of the issue. Also make sure the data-frame is within the page extents. If the data-frame is outside of the printable area, it's going to crop at the edge of the page.

Erin

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

I want to go off topic for a second & I understand that most Americans do not know this but before posting the Federal Highway System Symbol you will need to know that you should colour it according to your standards & that means that the background of Highway 8 should be black & not white. Otherwise you are indicating that Highway 8 is Nova Scotia Trunk Highway 8. :o As far as the image did you do a preview of it before exporting it. And did you check your page margins?

When you say background you mean the white rectangle right? You are correct. MUTCD standard is black letters white shield and black background.

NoDaker

NoDaker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Instead of doing a copy-paste from Excel, have you looked at embedding the Excel spreadsheet as an object in the layout? In layout view, click Insert > Object > Create from File, then you can browse to the spreadsheet that you already created and it should preserve the formatting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->