• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

lrl12

lrl12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,

Using the ArcGIS network analysis, I am trying to create a new route; in such away the stops are already stored in a table (point shape file). Could you please let me know how this table (2000 record, two field: longitude and latitude) can be intrduced as stops in the network analysis.

Thanks

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

Use arcCatalog and right click on your table. Select create feature class > from XY table.
then use "load stops" from the network properties and use your new feature class.

lrl12

lrl12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Use arcCatalog and right click on your table. Select create feature class > from XY table.
then use "load stops" from the network properties and use your new feature class.

Thank you Jrat!

in fact, I am trying to calculate distance between two locations on a road network. However, all locations are stored in a table in order. I mean that record 1 stores the information of location 1, record 2 for location 2, …., record n for location n. now I am trying to calculate the distance of location 1 and 2, location 2 and 3, … location n-1 and n. when the table has only 2 records is easy to do using a new route function as you mentioned (an optimal route with 2 stops)! But I don’t know how to introduce the table as (n-1) roads each having 2 stops. Could you please help me in this regard?

Thank you!

Mapiator

Mapiator

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Portugal

Hi
I believe you may need to script a bit of python to get it done (not 100% sure), but have a look into this website http://bobspython.com/
Bob as very nice examples on route calculations and python within geoprocessing seems to be his area of expertize. So get in contact with him im sure he may help there.

Good luck
Jorge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->