Photo

Publishing Flash Maps with multiple swf files.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JohnDriz

JohnDriz

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • No Country Selected

Does anyone know how to publish a flash map for free possibly using a blog or google sites?

I'm running into a problem of having multiple swf files which make up my map and need some way of uploading and linking the whole directory to the html file. I've tried google sites, creating a link on zumo drive which I try to use as a cloud and reference my html file back to on my blog but no luck. HELP!

JohnDriz

JohnDriz

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • No Country Selected

Bueller? Anyone? Attached is a power point with some screen shots and explanations of what I've tried.

Attached Files

sitesatlas

sitesatlas

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Spain

I think one problem is that renaming the folder or any of the files causes an internal error. Try renaming the folder "index_data" again and see if that helps.

Have you tried contacting Avenza or posting on their forum?
Michael Borop
World Sites Atlas
http://www.sitesatlas.com

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Have you set your permissions correctly?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

JohnDriz

JohnDriz

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • No Country Selected

Thanks, I did set the permissions. I've settled on the idea that I had to buy my own website and domain space. However, I have still not been able to upload my index folder of SWF files along with the html file as it's own website. I did create an ftp site for it but I can't get it un-password protected for the public to view. My domain host GoDaddy hasn't been able to help me. Any one know how to upload the index folder and html document as a website on GoDaddy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->