3 replies to this topic

misiakuu

misiakuu

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Poland

Dear,

We are dealing with quite interesting case. We need to create something between plain map and 3D geological model. It should be close to typical geological model – complete layers of surface which are possible to be turned on and off by the user during visualization, editable , but in the same time it should be possible to put on the top map of area created by us.

Hence my question, maybe a little bit too far from the core of this forum, is:
Do you know any software which is typical tool for 3D model creation as well as is capable of visualizing created model with raster put on the top? I mean a tool, which has functionality to make analysis and this kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

Mat

aug_aug

aug_aug

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • United States

You could check out Rockworks, it does 3D imaging and various geological modeling, borings, etc., can drape rasters and is fairly cheap. Not the most powerful or modern software package, but I think you're next step up would be something really expensive like from Schlumberger, etc.

BruceN

BruceN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

Check out GSI3D - software designed for making 3D geological maps: http://www.gsi3d.org.uk/. It's inexpensive, and powerful.
If you have a search on the web, you'll find plenty examples.
Cheers,
Bruce

JDR

JDR

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Canada

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for or not, but Natural Graphics has a product (Natural Scene Designer) that may offer some of what your looking for at a cost that is relatively cheap...
Although I haven't used it myself, so cannot vouch.

http://www.naturalgfx.com/index.htm

I'm not sure how advanced of a product you're after, based on your requirements...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->