2 replies to this topic

EOSGIS

EOSGIS

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Cartography.
    Mathematical cartography. Topgraphica Cartograpy. Thrre dimensional (3D) Cartography. Infography.
    More than 12 years experience with important publishers projects.
  • Spain

This map is about the conquest by christian king of Sapin of the moorish Kingdom of Granada.
Since there are a lot of historical maps about this topic, I proposed another way to present the map: a 3D view. since a usual 3D view is getting usual nowdays (thanks to Saint Google earth), the problem was how to make someting new... so... why not look to something old?
Something old is what Natural Scene designer makes.. a planimetric Oblique relief... so... something old that seems new with some old color and tones and textures (in this case, a rushed fresco textture) and.... Here is the result.
For me, as a cartographer, today, as digital cartography tools goes cheaper and easier to use for general infographists, it seems that an "aded value" for us, cartographers, is to look back and try to accomplish all that science behind cartography with our new tools. So, new look and tools + old science makes the difference betwen a cartoghrapher and a infogrpahist.
best regards

Attached Files

ravells

ravells

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • United Kingdom

This is just stunning Fernando! I am in awe of your skills in producing beautiful artistic maps!! We spent our honeymoon in Andalucia and I remember when I visited the Generalife and Alhambra, I was struck dumb for about 5 minutes by its beauty. That has never happened to me before or since.

Create beautiful fantasy maps at the Cartographers' Guild

My Portfolio

EOSGIS

EOSGIS

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Cartography.
    Mathematical cartography. Topgraphica Cartograpy. Thrre dimensional (3D) Cartography. Infography.
    More than 12 years experience with important publishers projects.
  • Spain

Thank you for your comments ravell.
Yes, Granada is a beautifull place. It's one of my favourite's cities in Spain. The only thing it would need to be perfect is the sea .. ;-)

This is just stunning Fernando! I am in awe of your skills in producing beautiful artistic maps!! We spent our honeymoon in Andalucia and I remember when I visited the Generalife and Alhambra, I was struck dumb for about 5 minutes by its beauty. That has never happened to me before or since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->