• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Charlie Frye

Charlie Frye

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Base map design/data model, political/election maps; use of historical maps for modern GIS analysis
  • United States

http://thebiggame.esri.com/superbowl/

Over the last few weeks a few of us created a web map on the ArcGIS Technology Stack for taking a fan poll on the Super Bowl. Mostly our goal was to prove we could build this. Enjoy it (you can vote multiple times), and if you have feedback use the links on the bottom left of the map. It's in beta right now and may stay there, as we will be adding a few new features in the next couple of days. Feel free to share it (tell us what you think of the Facebook option--is it a good idea?)

Thanks!
Charlie Frye
Chief Cartographer
Software Products Department
ESRI, Redlands, California

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

What does the facebook link do for you? What about running a hotspot analysis and use it as a background?

A. Fenix

A. Fenix

Analisa Fenix

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, PGIS, PPGIS, GIS, Urban/regional Planning, Conservation, Biodiversity/Cultural Diversity, Travel, History, Ecology, Geography, Biking, Gardening, Cooking, Physics, Permaculture, Sky diving, Green Roofs, Music (creating and enjoying), Photography, Carpentry, Film making, Writing...
  • No Country Selected

I think it's a great idea. Well done! I do like jrat's idea. Would be pretty nice to have both location points, as well as a heat map background to choose from (perhaps in next version?). I also enjoy the simplicity of the cartography. Especially since it doesn't need to distract from the one thing this map is telling folks, who's cheering for who and where are they (and are they drinking beer...nice touch). Lastly, I assume you're running off ArcIMS? It was surprisingly fast, which makes every internet addict very happy indeed.

Thanks for posting!

A. Fenix
Analisa Fenix
GIS Manager/Chief Cartographer
Ecotrust

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Cool map! Who ever knew Bismark, ND was such a Steelers hotbed?

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

I think it's a great idea. Well done! I do like jrat's idea. Would be pretty nice to have both location points, as well as a heat map background to choose from (perhaps in next version?). I also enjoy the simplicity of the cartography. Especially since it doesn't need to distract from the one thing this map is telling folks, who's cheering for who and where are they (and are they drinking beer...nice touch). Lastly, I assume you're running off ArcIMS? It was surprisingly fast, which makes every internet addict very happy indeed.

Thanks for posting!

A. Fenix

It is probably arcServer using the FLEX API/Viewer. IMS is kind of old tech.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->