Publishing Map

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Wangyal

Wangyal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

I have researched and designed a Tibet Township Map (42"x54") with around 160 pages of town names that are located on the map. The town names are written in three scripts: Tibetan, English, and Chinese, as well as in Pinyin, transliteration, and romanization of Tibetan pronounciation.

I am looking for a publisher that is not expensive. My goals is to retain the copyright myself.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Wangyal

Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

Do you mean a publisher, who will pay you to produce the map and then take the finished product and distribute it to bookstores and retail outlets?

Or a printer, who will print your work onto paper and deliver the maps to you because you have already figured out how you will distribute and sell the finished product?
Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

Wangyal

Wangyal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Do you mean a publisher, who will pay you to produce the map and then take the finished product and distribute it to bookstores and retail outlets?

Or a printer, who will print your work onto paper and deliver the maps to you because you have already figured out how you will distribute and sell the finished product?

Dennis,

I was thinking of a PRINTER, if I can pay. If not I like to find a PUBLISHER who is willing to print my map.

Any suggestions?

-Wangyal

Shakthi

Shakthi

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • India

I have researched and designed a Tibet Township Map (42"x54") with around 160 pages of town names that are located on the map. The town names are written in three scripts: Tibetan, English, and Chinese, as well as in Pinyin, transliteration, and romanization of Tibetan pronounciation.

I am looking for a publisher that is not expensive. My goals is to retain the copyright myself.

Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Wangyal

Dear,

Now I have seen this post. I am working as a cartographic designer in map publishing unit in India. We have dealers and sales team through out India. We are making and publishing maps with road guide books, atlas and other map related products. If you feel free contact us, we will support you.

Jayasakthivel.V
shakthi@ttkmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->