Potter

Potter

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • United States

Hi,
See more stills and videos of the creation of the maps for the 2011 Miami Boat Show at http://www.escapekey...boat-show-maps/

Posted Image

Thanks

Flanners

Flanners

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Canada

I've been following your adventures in timelapse Illustrator for a while now and it's great work. Whilst your maps and graphics are truly inspirational, I'm also interested in how you recorded the process- what software, and whether it required a lot of editing, etc. I looked through your posts a while ago, but couldn't find details.

I was wondering if a timelapse like this would be a useful way for students learning Illustrator to demonstrate their technique.

Cheers, and keep timelapsin'!
Will

Potter

Potter

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • United States

I've been following your adventures in timelapse Illustrator for a while now and it's great work. Whilst your maps and graphics are truly inspirational, I'm also interested in how you recorded the process- what software, and whether it required a lot of editing, etc. I looked through your posts a while ago, but couldn't find details.

I was wondering if a timelapse like this would be a useful way for students learning Illustrator to demonstrate their technique.

I have switched screen capture software many times. Each package I have tried has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but they are all extremely similar.

On the first video I did (http://www.escapekey...me-lapse-video/) I captured everything in real time and sped it up in the video editing software. After that, I decided to try capturing one frame per second, but I found the video choppy, so I went back to my old way. This makes for lots of big files and complicates editing.

The editing can take quite some time. In one of the videos mentioned in this post I included some live video of me at my desk as well. That increased the editing a lot. I used to only use Windows Movie Maker, but this time (and one other time) I used Cyberlink PowerDirector as well.

I only use inexpensive or free software for the videos, and I'm not educated in video at all. I'm sure a person who does digital video editing or studied it could give you (and me) better advice. I've just figured it out as I go.

I guess if I were a teacher and I wanted to teach my students how to use a program efficiently, videos like this might make it easier for me to help them. There would be some technical hurdles to make, but it seems doable.

Thanks
John Potter

Laura Miles

Laura Miles

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Canada

I love the map, it has a very Miami vibe!
Laura

Potter

Potter

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • United States

I love the map, it has a very Miami vibe!
Laura

Thanks

SBlumberg

SBlumberg

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • No Country Selected

Great map! Definitely a very Miami vibe, but where's the piano on the sandbar??

Potter

Potter

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • United States

Great map! Definitely a very Miami vibe, but where's the piano on the sandbar??

LOL
You certainly sound like a local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->