josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Hello,

I know it may be a long shot, but does anyone know where it may be possible to find the data or shp files for the official districts of Shanghai. I guess I am really looking for official shape files or polygon data mainly for the following:

* Huangpu District
* Luwan District
* Xuhui District
* Changning District
* Jing'an District
* Putuo District
* Zhabei District
* Hongkou District
* Yangpu District

Thanks,

Josie

CentralAmericaExpe

CentralAmericaExpe

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:"I do recognize risk, and having recognized risk, I spend a lot of time minimizing it." Tim Severin
  • Canada

Josie:

The BioGeomancer Project (Berkeley's GADM) has the shapefiles for China (and many, many other countries) at the administrative and lower level subdivisions such as provinces, departments, districts etc :

http://www.maplibrar...m/CHN/index.php

China's shapefile is ~~16 megabytes (and roughly ~~45 meg after unZIP)

Be aware that this data is covered under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License, so the commercialization of this data is totally restricted, however non-commercial work and derivative datasets for research purposes are encouraged...

On edit: I just had a look at the dataset, and it covers only Municipality of Shanghai; at the Districts level it appears that the Districts are delineated but not labeled (use the dbf editor, and add another field)...to label them would be a very minor detail

Have fun,
Derek-
"I do recognize risk, and having recognized risk, I spend a lot of time minimizing it." Tim Severin

josie

josie

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Netherlands

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information. I will have a look.

Josie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->