2 replies to this topic

Stefano Senin

Stefano Senin

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie in this forum. My name is Stefano Senin, i'm from Italy, Bologna. I actually work in the health department in a private company called CINECA.
I use GIS tools to implement various projects and analysis of spatial epidemiology. I would love to expand the scope of use of GIS in other areas as planning, the geomarketing, the analysis of geological risk, and so on.
With this post I'm looking for work to be performed online, to offer my skills to those who need it. In addition they are also looking for a stable occupation in Europe, while still having the ability to move.

thanks to everyone and let's hear many;)
Stefano Senin

facebook : http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/stefano.senin
linkedin: http://www.linkedin....=hb_tab_pro_top

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

We are in the middle of an economic depression so work is going to be hard to find. But what you need to focus on if you are going to pursue this avenue is what your current skill set offers potential clients. Do not try an area where you have no skill until you take the time & learn what you want to do as a niche. I will tell you that do not pursue freelance as a full time job especially starting out, you will regret it if you do. Keep your day job & make some money on the side. And when you do a project for a client or for yourself as a portfolio piece enjoy your work because it's fun.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Stefano Senin

Stefano Senin

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • No Country Selected

We are in the middle of an economic depression so work is going to be hard to find. But what you need to focus on if you are going to pursue this avenue is what your current skill set offers potential clients. Do not try an area where you have no skill until you take the time & learn what you want to do as a niche. I will tell you that do not pursue freelance as a full time job especially starting out, you will regret it if you do. Keep your day job & make some money on the side. And when you do a project for a client or for yourself as a portfolio piece enjoy your work because it's fun.

Hi Hasdrubal, thank you for your reply was very welcome. In Italy at this time things are really bad, both politically and economically, and socially. I consider myself lucky because almost two years I renewed the contract for the project, but having a family to gain, what I get from this work is not enough. I hope to find a better geographical employment outside Italy, where I will have the opportunity to grow both professionally and humanly, in a country where the professional skills, and not recommendations, make the difference at work.
However, I renew my request to work in the hope, which must remain strong, to find.
Thank you very much
Stefano

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->