• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Dany

Dany

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Switzerland

Hi there - I see what you mean, but would like to see an example. Could you post one???

Kind regards
Dany

Dany

Dany

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Switzerland

Hi Lui

I tried to replicate your work on the Alps' hillshade, but without success. I just can't obtain these long straight crests, although I am able to reduce noise and sharpen the image using Photoshop. Could you possibly give more information on this (software, tools)?

Many thanks
Dany

Dany

Dany

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Switzerland

As I got much valuable feedback on the design of my hillshade of the Alps, I am simply uploading the last version of the map, which is also hanging on my wall as a poster. Thanks to everyone who commented on this.

Dany

Hi Nick and Kathi

My eyes got used to the default projection I guess, but I agree, it doesn't look right. Your idea, Kathy, of displaying the river network is also great. I have to find a suitable colour ramp now. Actually my choice for blacking out low elevations, which I understand is arguable, is to shed more light on the alpine structure.. My point is that the map is not intented as a backrgound for any other information or text, but is a 'stand-alone' picture. However, I still reckon that the colour ramp could be improved.

I am grateful for your useful comments.
All good wishes
Dany

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->