• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

aoakm

aoakm

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States

I've been tasked with locating the best (cheapest) and most efficient software for creating a stream profile and plan view (see attachment). I need to be able to graph longitudinal elevations of a stream and have them line up with a standard plan view style map at a set scale (1":100'). The attachment was done using excel, arcmap 9.2, and illustrator, but was way too time intensive and the scale isn't exactly correct. Any ideas on what software might do what I need? Sorry for the confusing explanation. <_<

Thanks

Attached Files

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

Do you have 3d Analyst for your ArcGIS? That should do what you want.

david17tym

david17tym

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • United Kingdom

take a look at http://www.gpsvisual...m/profile_input

I haven't used it but it looks pretty straightforward

and it's free...

aoakm

aoakm

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States

Thanks, but gpsvisualizer is a little too basic. Several of the things i need to do is add the cross sections at specific points (see original example), have them match up exactly, and set a specific scale (1"=100'). I need to do this without having to all all points by hand, and without having to manually resize both maps to get the perfect 1"=100' (I have to print large posters and handouts of the same maps).

take a look at http://www.gpsvisual...m/profile_input

I haven't used it but it looks pretty straightforward

and it's free...

aoakm

aoakm

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States

A couple of more requirements/caveats. 1) the stream elevations were taken using surveying equipment, and not generated from topos. 2) I will also need to create horizontal cross sections (like the one attached) and possibly modify technical drawing (specifically BMP/LID/green street schematics). I assume I'm looking at several programs. I'll check out 3d analysis for the longitudinal profile.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->