• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

Just a quick note for anyone adding new resources to the Links Area:

If you post an 'Official State GIS Site' for the U.S. please make sure to label it correctly so that it will work alphabetically. For example, if you submit a site for Washington, please start the title with the word 'Washington' and not 'The' or any sort of abbreviated names like 'WSU'. As the list of resources grows, this will ensure that the resources for each state stay grouped together in the list and a stray one doesn't end up at the bottom of the list because it was labeled starting with 'The' instead of 'Arkansas' or something like that. This also saves me time in correcting the labeling.

Correct:

Washington State University GIS Resources

Not Correct:

Official GIS Resources of Washington State University
The Washington State University GIS Resource Website
WSU GIS Resources

Moderators note: I've split this off the main discussion and made a sticky out of it. Please note that this only applies to the Resources area.

Keep in mind that if you post a link in the Resources area, be it for a cartographic company or a GIS data resource, your submission will not be visible until one of the moderators (Nick, Martin, Erin, Gillian or me) approves it. This may of course take a while.

Edited by Hans van der Maarel, 22 December 2005 - 01:24 AM.

Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->