Bryan Krouse

Bryan Krouse

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,
I am working with Tom Patterson's shaded relief maps of the coterminous US (http://www.shadedrel...s/download.html). The maps are wonderful and everything is working well; however I am having trouble with the state and international boundaries file (State and international boundaries, JPEG). What I would like to do is be able to edit each state as an individual layer/graphic. What I am hoping to do is create a white transparency for all states except for eight, which would not have a transparency. Perhaps this file is not editable in this fashion? If not, is there another file you are aware of that can be edited in Illustrator or Photoshop that registers with Wall map 2? I have been successful in following his direction to make a hollow boundary file...just cannot edit each state to create individual fill transparencies.

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Krouse

Bryan Krouse

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello,
I am working with Tom Patterson's shaded relief maps of the coterminous US (http://www.shadedrel...s/download.html). The maps are wonderful and everything is working well; however I am having trouble with the state and international boundaries file (State and international boundaries, JPEG). What I would like to do is be able to edit each state as an individual layer/graphic. What I am hoping to do is create a white transparency for all states except for eight, which would not have a transparency. Perhaps this file is not editable in this fashion? If not, is there another file you are aware of that can be edited in Illustrator or Photoshop that registers with Wall map 2? I have been successful in following his direction to make a hollow boundary file...just cannot edit each state to create individual fill transparencies.

Thanks,
Bryan

I figured it out using GIS.
Thanks
Bryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->