- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lucas

Lucas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

I am trying to convert, with a high degree of precision, from ITRF05 to UTM coordinates. Does anyone have a suggestion for methods? I am looking for some sort of software package that can preferably be used from a unix command line. The project is for the realization of the 3-d GPS UTM coordinates from the ITRF05 coordinate solutions. I am new to geodesy and any help on the transformation route would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Lucas, 22 December 2010 - 04:38 PM.

Melita Kennedy

Melita Kennedy

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States

I am trying to convert, with a high degree of precision, from ITRF05 to UTM coordinates. Does anyone have a suggestion for methods? I am looking for some sort of software package that can preferably be used from a unix command line. The project is for the realization of the 3-d GPS UTM coordinates from the ITRF05 coordinate solutions. I am new to geodesy and any help on the transformation route would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Lucas,

UTM based upon what? ITRF05? UTM is a particular type of grid system, or projected coordinate reference system which is based upon a particular geographic reference system (GCS) like ITRF05 or WGS84.

You might want to take a look at PROJ4 or Geotrans. Both have source code available. Neither one will inherently support ITRF05, but you can work around that by using any GCS that uses GRS80 for its ellipsoid.

If you also want to convert ITRF05 coordinates to another GCS, that gets more complicated as its sometimes difficult to find transformation information.

Melita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->