• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Sonnet

Sonnet

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Canada

They all look great and I will be adding one or two to my Carto collection. But the best cartography themed product I have seen is a bumper sticker from The Canadian Cartographic Association is simply states "Cartographers Rule the World"

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

That's similar to my fav Carto bumper sticker.

"Cartographers create reality"

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Maisie

Maisie

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • United States
"Blessed are the mapmakers for only they can draw nations closer together"

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

i just got one of those white t-shirts, but I am not very happy with it, the print is very faint, almost washed out -- Is this Cafepress' fault? (i.e. should I return it?)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

i just got one of those white t-shirts, but I am not very happy with it, the print is very faint, almost washed out -- Is this Cafepress' fault? (i.e. should I return it?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my past experiences with CafePress, their t-shirt items are not high-quality. But your issue with a washed out print sounds beyond that. Anyway once you wash it a few times it will get that way, unless they've changed the way they print the graphics on the shirt since I last bought one (2 years ago).

toddao

toddao

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Astronomy, Photography, Orienteering, Shell Scripting
  • United States

The same thing happened to me with a heather t-shirt from them - extremely faded and almost invisible against the grey background. I sent in their e-customer service form and they kindly sent me (for FREE) the same design on a white shirt (my request) and it too was faded. These are almost like iron-on transfers and look nothing like the screen prints they make them out to be.

Maybe someone here has access to some silk screen equipment and could help promote the forum more "vividly."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my past experiences with CafePress, their t-shirt items are not high-quality. But your issue with a washed out print sounds beyond that. Anyway once you wash it a few times it will get that way, unless they've changed the way they print the graphics on the shirt since I last bought one (2 years ago).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

toddao - so you say there is no point to complain and/or send it back? I haven't looked into their policies... I have a feeling that if I would need to send it back across the Atlantic on my expenses it wouldn't really be worth it...
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

toddao

toddao

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Astronomy, Photography, Orienteering, Shell Scripting
  • United States

toddao - so you say there is no point to complain and/or send it back? I haven't looked into their policies... I have a feeling that if I would need to send it back across the Atlantic on my expenses it wouldn't really be worth it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suppose if you complain enough you could get several faded shirts without ever sending anything back. They have an RMA request form on their site, which is what I used, but then they said 'don't bother we'll send you another shirt.' So now I have 2 faded shirts - one slightly more legible than the other.
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->