• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lui

Lui

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Natural looking maps, hillshading, mountain cartography, LIDAR, TLS, data fusion, photogrammetry, singing, poetry, cycling
  • Slovenia

Sorry, I just missposted introduction so I'll do it again.

Hello!

Cartography was (and still is) my hobby for last twenty years. I've drawn my first map when I was nine and I know that it is still somewhere around. I just have to find it. B)
Meanwhile I graduated at Ljubljana University in geodesy from computer aided hillshading. Hillshading is currently my primary task at Geodetic Institute of Slovenia where I'm working. I'm producing manually enhanced hillshading from DEM that was created also by myself. In the past I've also designed a cartographic production workflow for the National topographic map in scale 1:50000. This year the last sheets will be produced. Well if I produce hillshading on time.:D The other area of my work are panoramic maps and visualization of spatial data. This is very interesting and fast developing area.
Both areas of my work are put together in my hobby that is natural mapping. With software tools and knowledge from both sides of my work I want to produce a nice natural looking maps. I hope that I can share some of my work with you.

So if you have some question about hillshading, natural looking maps, Erdas Imagine, Intergraph MGE, Intergraph Mappublisher, OCAD, Visual Nature Studio, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D MAX, Autocad Map,... I hope that I can answer.

I hope that this time I didn't missposted.
Nice mapping

Lui

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

Lui,

Welcome to CartoTalk. We are always looking for good tutorials, so if you have anything you want to write about the art of hillshading I know I would love to read it.

You can also share some of your work in the map gallery.

I fixed your other posting.

- Nick

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Welcome to the forum Lui.
Consider posting some of your work in the gallery. We would all love to see it. You can count on me asking you a lot of questions about many of the programs you listed...:) Erin

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Welcome to the forum, Lui. And like the other said, please feel free to share some samples of your work here.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->