2 replies to this topic

mak_piseth

mak_piseth

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cambodia

Hi all friend
Now day I use Tools in ArcGIS It call COGO but I have problem one point :
When I draw data already I Update COGO Attributes but In attribute The field: COGO Delta(55-39-11)
it mean that 55 degree 39 minute 11 second
What I want to do like this: COGO Delta (55°39'11") in order I can show label 55°39'11".

Now day I try to write label expressions to display label 55-39-11 to 55°39'11" but I can not successful.I don’t want to create field to calculate.

Please help me B)

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

Hi all friend
When I draw data already I Update COGO Attributes but In attribute The field: COGO Delta(55-39-11)
What I want to do like this: COGO Delta (55°39'11") in order I can show label 55°39'11".

Now day I try to write label expressions to display label 55-39-11 to 55°39'11" but I can not successful.I don’t want to create field to calculate.

Please help me B)

As I understand, the field is named "COGO" and has values like "Delta(55-39-11)", right?
Then you can use a VBScript expression like:

Mid( [COGO], 7, 2 ) & "° " & Mid( [COGO], 10, 2) & "' " & Mid( [COGO], 13,2) & """"

It looks a little funky with single quotes inside quotes and the four quotes at the end, but it works. (In VB, a quote inside a string is escaped with another quote, thus the four quotes at the end).

Cheers, C
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

mak_piseth

mak_piseth

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cambodia

Hi all friend

Please help me B)

As I understand, the field is named "COGO" and has values like "Delta(55-39-11)", right?
Then you can use a VBScript expression like:

Mid( [COGO], 7, 2 ) & "° " & Mid( [COGO], 10, 2) & "' " & Mid( [COGO], 13,2) & """"

It looks a little funky with single quotes inside quotes and the four quotes at the end, but it works. (In VB, a quote inside a string is escaped with another quote, thus the four quotes at the end).

Cheers, C

I try to do like ur VBScript but it is not right
It show 5° '11" it is not correct value my 55°39'11".
ur vb :Mid( [COGO], 7, 2 ) & "° " & Mid( [COGO], 10, 2) & "' " & Mid( [COGO], 13,2) & """"
I dont understand 7,2,10,2,13,2 .what is mean the number?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->