I set up the coastlines in Illustrator with MAPublisher, then rasterised that in Photoshop and manually traced them using a Wacom tablet. All other information was added using the tablet too.
Since there's 1300+ individual camps, I figured it wouldn't be meaningful to show all of them. Instead I've identified 6 major clusters of camps and just tallied up the numbers (# of camps and # of displaced households). Keeping in mind that I'm trying to emulate something a local aid worker would scribble on a piece of paper, I think this mor fitting than showing individual camps.
This is my first foray into hand-drawing a map for publication, so I'm looking forward to any comments you may have.
Edited by frax, 25 November 2010 - 03:27 AM.
Fixed the image attachment