2 replies to this topic

J. Harris

J. Harris

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Does anyone have first hand experience with this new software. (v1 released March 2010 v2 released June 2010). I was getting ready to invest in a Nikon GP-1 attachment when I saw this was available. Looks like a cost/time efficient solution to capturing georefrenced images with greater accuracy than the GP-1 or Ricoh Caplio 500 SE.

Attached is the Datasheet.

http://www.trimble.c...impix_pro.shtml

Thanks!
Jonathan

Attached Files

Crischan

Crischan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Spatial Information Design
  • Germany

Why would this be more accurate than a GP-1 or Rico?
The accuracy comes only by using a Trimble GPS - if you have one, you probably will get better positions for your pics, but at the cost of having to carry around such a large and expensive device. I would doubt that you can get compass readings with that software which the Ricoh provides.

I for my part are happy to use my Garmin Edge GPS cycle computer together with a DSLR - by lucky chance the Garmin Edge fits perfectly into a flash shoe! :)
Crischan Wygoda
http://wygoda.net

J. Harris

J. Harris

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Why would this be more accurate than a GP-1 or Rico?
The accuracy comes only by using a Trimble GPS - if you have one, you probably will get better positions for your pics, but at the cost of having to carry around such a large and expensive device. I would doubt that you can get compass readings with that software which the Ricoh provides.

I for my part are happy to use my Garmin Edge GPS cycle computer together with a DSLR - by lucky chance the Garmin Edge fits perfectly into a flash shoe! :)

The field techs that I would have using the trimpix system would already be using the Trimble for asset mapping, it wouldn't be an extra piece of equipment for those instances. I'll have to look into the Edge system for my DSLR. It would be great to have something that I can use in the off hours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->