Photo

Ortelius' Free Military Map Symbols (Mac)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DrJill

DrJill

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • United States

Posted Image
Mapdiva, makers of Ortelius map design software, today announced the availability of its free download of military map symbols for graphic designers and mapmakers of all experience to create custom maps for websites, magazines, books, and brochures.

The NATO Equipment Map Symbol Collection is comprised of 93 different scaleable vector graphics, including silhouette icons of artillery, explosive devices, helicopters, equipment, personal weapons. soldiers, tanks and vehicles. It has NATO equipment, as well as some non-NATO items. This symbol collection is ideal for military history mapping projects and wargaming maps.

The NATO Equipment Map Symbol Collection for Ortelius map illustration software is created with MilPics pictorial fonts series developed by Tom Mouat (copyright 1988) MapSymbs and distributed with permission. A registered True Type Fonts version is available from Wargame Downloads.

Symbols are customizable thanks to Ortelius’ Style Inspector and integrated Apple® Mac OS® color picker. Download the NATO Equipment Map Symbol Collection from the Mapdiva website for import into Ortelius’ professional-level Library Manager.

About Ortelius - Mac OS Map Design Software

Ortelius is a vector map illustration and editing application which focuses on cartography and graphics for publication and presentation. It is used by graphic designers, authors, researchers, and educators around the world for creating scaled drawings, plans, and custom maps. Ortelius is made exclusively for Mac OS X (available for $99 USD). A free trial is available from the Mapdiva website.

Mapdiva makes mapping easier. Founded in 2008, Mapdiva, LLC offers creative mapping software for Mac OS. Mapdiva, LLC has offices in Indianapolis, IN USA and Armidale, NSW Australia.

Apple and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Jill Saligoe-Simmel
Ortelius™ – map illustration software for Mac OS X
www.mapdiva.com

Andrew

Andrew

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Web development, and golf!
  • Australia

They look great, and will be a great addition to whats already wonderful collection of symbols.

I have the demo version and love playing with it. I will be sure to buy when support for projections and spatial reference is included in the coming versions.

Looks good.
Andrew

Greg

Greg

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Canada

I'm looking forward to seeing further progression in this software, nice symbol set though!
Greg Moore

g r e g @ c a r t o g r a p h i c d e s i g n . c o m
www.cartographicdesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->