dvd mccutcheon

dvd mccutcheon

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • United Kingdom

Help!

I'm looking into creating some street maps of these Lebanese cities. Can anyone point me towards some datasets - preferably free, but possibly for purchase if not. I have looked at Open Street Map, but it is not fit for purpose in these areas.

As a minimum I would require street alignments and names. Ideally there will also be some Land Use, POI's (pharmacies, schools, churches, mosques etc) and some building shapes.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation,

David

David McCutcheon FBCart.S
dvdmaps.co.uk

CentralAmericaExpe

CentralAmericaExpe

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:"I do recognize risk, and having recognized risk, I spend a lot of time minimizing it." Tim Severin
  • Canada

There exists an OSM (open street maps) SHP file of Lebanon, updated as late as Dec 2010. The data comes from numerous sources using consumer-grade GPSs and possibly traced from SPOT (or, other remote-sensed rasters). The POI SHP is fairly well populated with restaurants, fast food, cafes, gasoline outlets and parking...the road types are generically labeled, and the road names are in Standard Lebanese Arabic, and don't translate well in the SHP file DBF tables...

http://downloads.clo...om/asia/lebanon

The data on cloudmade is of course extracted and cut from the open street maps project by country; fact-checking, geospatial accuracy, collection methodology and such is an unknown. Also, its up to the user to check for data origin licenses that may supersede the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.0 License that these data fall under...

Good luck,
Derek-
"I do recognize risk, and having recognized risk, I spend a lot of time minimizing it." Tim Severin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->