Here is the text of the announcement:
Geotec Event/Atlas of Canada centenary/ CCA annual meeting
Ottawa, Canada, June 18-21 2006
Call for Papers, Posters
Deadline for Abstracts: Jan 15, 2006
The conference is being held in conjunction with the 2006 GeoTec Event - “Celebrating History and Innovation” marking the one hundredth anniversary of the Atlas of Canada and the 20th anniversary of GeoTec. The event will feature sessions that commemorate the innovative contributions of the Atlas of Canada, and those by Canadians in the advancement of geospatial technology.
The conference will be held jointly with the Association of Map Libraries and Archives (ACMLA), the International Cartographic Association Commission on National and Regional Atlases and the International Cartographic Association Commission on Maps and the Internet, and promises to be a well attended event.
Abstracts of 100-200 words must be submitted before Jan. 15, 2006 to the Interest Group chair in whose track you wish to present. The IG chairs will be coordinating their sessions within the overall framework of GeoTec tracks current GeoTec tracks can be seen at http://www.geoplace..../htm/tracks.asp
For further information, or to submit an abstract, contact the appropriate IG chair:
1. Analytical Cartography and GIS – Andrew Millward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Cartographic Education – Ian O’Connell (email@example.com)
3. History of Cartography – David Raymond (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Map Use and Design – Sally Hermanson (email@example.com)
5. Map Production Technology – Lori King (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. Other – Christine Earl (email@example.com)
Note that presenters will be eligible for the lower CCA registration rates, than the standard Geotec rates (we anticipate below US$200 ).
Geotec Event, June 2006 in Ottawa
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users