5 replies to this topic

Agnar Renolen

Agnar Renolen

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • No Country Selected

This map show the courses for the 4x5km relay event for the Norwegian Junior championships in cross country skiing the forthcomming winter.

Map produced using Adobe Illustrator, Photshop and Indesign.

Attached Files

Andrew

Andrew

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Web development, and golf!
  • Australia

Looks nice and clean I like it.

One thing that wasn't immediately obvious to me was the distance markers, I didn't notice the small ticks for quite sometime.

Kathi

Kathi

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:geology, GIS, cartography, famlily, reading, cooking, travelling, gardening
  • Switzerland

Nice, I like the wintery feel of the snow-covered forest. But what are the light-red and light-blue "shortcuts" along the route? And I agree with Andrew, the distance markers could be a bit bigger.
Cheers,

Kathi

Agnar Renolen

Agnar Renolen

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • No Country Selected

Thanks for feedback.

About the dimmed short cuts: There are several events (distances) for this championsips with different courses. The courses are all comprised of a 3,75km and 5km red (to the north), and corresponding blue to the south. The shortcuts show the 3,75km courses used by the 3x3,75 km relay for the women. The "detour" in the beginning of the red course is indivual track not wide enough to accomodate a huge mass start of the relay,

I only show one of totally six maps, but if you have all maps together, it makes sense, I believe.

Pete

Pete

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • United Kingdom

I only show one of totally six maps, but if you have all maps together, it makes sense, I believe.

I'd quite like to see all of the maps together - I think it would look quite impressive.

I like the yellow tint on the sun-lit slopes. The variation in colour is interesting and it adds a little warmth to the map ;) ! The bump-mapped trees are very good too. I'm guessing that you did that in Photoshop with an embossed layer effect - I'd be interested to hear how made the effect.

- P

ballijohnabc12345

ballijohnabc12345

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

I like the yellow tint on the sun-lit slopes. The variation in colour is interesting and it adds a little warmth to the map wink.gif ! The bump-mapped trees are very good too. I'm guessing that you did that in Photoshop with an embossed layer effect - I'd be interested to hear how made the effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->